Welcome to Saint Sylvester Catholic School
Why not experience the difference Catholic education makes?
Call to schedule your tour today! 412-882-9900
- At St. Sylvester School, we offer an excellent education that is rooted in Gospel values.
- We offer Full Day and Half Day Preschool and Kindergarten curriculum options, as well as schooling for Elementary Grades 1 to 8.
- We offer an affordable Extended Day program that can accommodate the child-care needs of most working families.
- Students learn in a safe and secure setting and grow in an environment founded on Christian principles.
- We are Middle-States accredited with standardized test scores that meet or exceed the national average.
- French and Spanish are offered to all students.
- Using the best of two worlds, we offer a blended learning approach that uses digital learning (Smartboards, computers, etc.) in addition to face to face instruction that focuses on meeting the educational needs of each student.
- Students receive individualized attention that is centered on building confidence and self-esteem. The average class size is 16 to 18 students.
- We offer an exemplary sports program and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for our students.
- An active parent organization coordinates additional student programming that includes assemblies and classroom holiday parties throughout the year.
- Bus transportation is available for Kindergarten through 8th grade students who reside in Baldwin?Whitehall, the City of Pittsburgh, as well as any other busing school district within 10 miles of St. Sylvester School.
- Diocesan funding is available through SOS and BEF as well as through our own Angel Fund. EITC and OSTC grants are all also available.
- Tuition Assistance programs include Scrip (gift cards) and Market Day, both can help make Catholic Education an affordable choice for you.