St. Sylvester Parish
The Diocese of Pittsburgh
- At St. Sylvester School, we offer an excellent education that is rooted in Gospel values.
- We offer Full Day and Half Day Preschool and Kindergarten curriculum options, as well as schooling for Elementary Grades 1 to 8.
- We offer an affordable Extended Day program that can accommodate the child-care needs of most working families.
- Students learn in a safe and secure setting and grow in an environment founded on Christian principles.
- We are Middle-States accredited with standardized test scores that meet or exceed the national average.
- Spanish is offered to all students.
- Using the best of two worlds, we offer a blended learning approach that uses digital learning (Smartboards, computers, etc.) in addition to face to face instruction that focuses on meeting the educational needs of each student.
- Students receive individualized attention that is centered on building confidence and self-esteem. The average class size is 14 to 16 students.
- We offer an exemplary sports program and a wide variety of extra-curricular activities for our students.
- An active parent organization coordinates additional student programming that includes assemblies and classroom holiday parties throughout the year.
- Bus transportation is available for Kindergarten through 8th grade students who reside in Baldwin-Whitehall, the City of Pittsburgh, as well as any other busing school district within 10 miles of St. Sylvester School.
- Diocesan funding is available through SOS and BEF as well as through our own Angel Fund. EITC and OSTC grants are all also available.
- Tuition Assistance programs include Scrip (gift cards) that can help make Catholic education more affordable.
Current Events and Fundraisers
In the Spotlight